Wednesday 13 April 2011

We all have split personalities...

Hey bloggers,

This is my first blog and I'd just first like to say how much I've always wanted to do something like this and please if you have any questions leave your feedback!

'We all have split personalities... It just takes more time and more effort to awaken some'

A seemingly odd thing to say and a seemingly odd thing to think you may argue.  This is something I had thought about (and come up with myself).  We normally associate split personalities with mentally unstable beings.  However, I feel we all have two sides to us and all suffer from split personality disorders - though not to such a notable degree...

Have you ever been in the situation whereby someone is driving you completely mad: they may have been tapping a pen throughout your whole science lesson; they may have blatantly lied about something and managed to persuade someone they hold the truth when they don’t?  These things are both examples of whereby our other personality could be awakened.  I'll use the pen example as that is the most common type of annoyance - I think.  After a while - it will vary per person - someone may lose their temper and shout at the person, hit them or grab the pen off of them.  This sudden burst of rage is a sign of another person - or another side to that person.

The rage brings about certain unlikeable characteristics, though certain characteristics the person can't control and may be abnormal.  This rage maybe - in some people - more or less easy to trigger than in others.  Though, if the rage is easily triggered we will see that person as violent though may remark on how the person can be really nice, kind and giving sometimes.  Visa versa, we may think that people who very rarely show rage are perhaps really calm, kind and a warm person.  This may be evident with more things than just rage, for example: love, compassion, jealously, hatred – these things maybe more prevalent in some than others though are present in us all.

It is not wrong to conclude a person’s overall personality by the main characteristics they exhibit though, it makes me question how many different personalities I really have.  Though I am conscious of them, they are still there.  However, maybe these personalities have never had a chance to show themselves as my upbringing has shadowed them or I have learnt to control them easier.  Think of some murders, sometimes they are committed by the least suspected person - maybe this is one of their hidden personalities coming through...

Obviously, the way we act has a lot to do with the amount of blood flow to certain areas of our brain and the amount, type and concentration of certain hormones.  Though, the mind controls the brain in so many ways.  I think the entire frontal lobe - arguably what makes us different from animals - is influenced by the mind.  This means that our mind does in fact influence resource distribution within the brain and therefore may influence our personalities...

Let me know what you think of my ideas please...

Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/@watchimpact

No comments:

Post a Comment